Swalwell station, possibly in the mid-1930's, with Swalwell Club trip passengers. An engine shunts coal wagons from Axwell Pit at the left. The tall signal box gave a good view in either direction. The booking office, waiting room, station master's house and most of the other buildings were on the opposite (south) side of the line.
Back to the Railways page